There are several flowers which are easy to draw. The only thing required, is practice which would sharpen your drawing and observation skills. To start with, observe and draw the outer borders of the flower.
How to Draw Easy Flowers?
Flowers can be both, easy and difficult to draw. However, starting with simple flowers without the minute details is very easy and looks beautiful. It is important for you to judge the size of the plant, stem, leaves, flower and its various parts before you start drawing.
- 2 Sharp HB pencils
- Sketching Paper
- One Daisy Flower along with a small measure of stem
- Step 1: Define the boundaries, in which the daisy is supposed to be drawn. Simply draw three ovals and three curvy lines leading out of those circles, in order to establish a proportion between the stems (curvy lines) and diameters of the flowers (ovals). Then draw smaller and proportionate smaller ovals within the ovals that have already been drawn. These rough figures are the basic guidelines for drawing a Daisy. While drawing. ensure that the outlines are drawn as lightly as possible, because once it is complete, these are to be erased.
- Step 2: In this step, the leaves and petals are drawn and is the most crucial step. You can easily draw them, by carefully observing the petals and the leaves. You need to be slow and steady. A steady hand ensures that the petal or leaf is drawn in a flow and does not appear to be distorted.
- Step 3: Next, you need to redraw and have the angles in place. In this step all you need to do is, observe the flower and plant and then make small and detailed changes to the already drawn petals and leaves. It is extremely essential to observe miniature details of the corners of petals and leaves.
- Step 4: Small details are drawn next. Keep it simple by drawing the veins and small textures and patterns that are seen on the surface of flowers and plants. Your flower is ready!
- Step 5: You can also add more details to your daisy, by shading the veins and textures or by observing light beams.
List of Easy Flowers to Draw
The following list of flowers are very easy to draw, even children will be able to draw them successfully.
- Spider Plant
- Lily of the Valley
In addition to flowers, you may also draw fruits, like apples, watermelon, bananas, grapes or vegetables such as tomatoes, lady finger, etc. Drawing whole plants, such as oak tree, or an entire orchid plant is a much bigger and difficult task that requires, detailed, more precise and proportionate sketching. It is always recommended by art teachers, to start drawing smaller parts of easy flowers and gradually advance to more difficult concepts.