"When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers, 'tis near Halloween." ― Unknown Author
Let it be Halloween, a carnival, picnic, birthday party, or a costume party, there are always tons of excuses to paint faces. We have tons of ideas for boys that you can choose from, and have them spend an amazing and exciting day. But remember, either make the paint colors at home, or purchase organic, non-toxic colors.
Simple, Yet Fun Ideas to Try
You don't have to be an expert on how to paint faces for this project. All you need is a good quality colors, a picture of whatever design you want, and the information provided in the article.
Tips While Painting the Face
In order to make the entire process smoother and less stressful for you, follow the tips mentioned below. Who knows, once you master the skills, you might just have get the rest of the kids from the neighborhood asking for more designs.
- Ask your kid to sit absolutely still as you work your magic with the colors. Most of the time, kids can be a bit impatient and that can shake your hands while painting.
- Try using makeup sponges and brushes when painting. This will help you cover wider areas in no time.
- Often times, the paint can start to develop cracks after application. To avoid that, make sure you're applying thin layers.
- First, you will apply a base color and then the rest of the bold colors will follow. So let the base color dry completely before the other colors come on.
- You can opt for stencils to make many of the designs. The stencils can help in easily drawing flowers, stars, balloons, hearts, etc., on the skin.
- To make the designs more professional-like, purchase some temporary face tattoos and stick them on.
- After everything is finished and kids are happy with their designs, the part we all hate arrives: cleaning. Use baby wipes; they are gentle, won't make the clothes or the area dirty, and it gets rid of all the paint.