The Japanese are renowned for their craftsmanship, and ages they have been creating handicrafts that are popular throughout the world. The enchanting beauty of Japanese flower pattern has carved a different and distinct genre of artistic work. Floral work is done on fabrics, wall hangings and also on canvas. Furthermore, the flowers also convey meanings that are specific to them. If you delve into the history of flower patterns, then you will understand their meaning in a deeper sense.
Tattoos are etched with similar floral patterns that are known to signify people's belief and understanding regarding the flowers. The popularity of Japanese floral patterns has given a boost to many cottage industries, that have developed in a large-scale in Japan. Traditional designs are etched on useful pieces that are either adorned by people or are used for the purpose of home decoration.
Japanese Flower Patterns: An Overview
Most of the flower designs are in the form of intrinsic artwork that captures sensuousness of skills. They are sewed on borders of bed sheet, dresses and various other kinds of garments. Flowers are equally popular as tattoos and the female folk is more fond of it. Flower tattoos are a symbolic representation of the mind and of feelings. They are also connected deeply with religious beliefs since ancient times.
Let's take a look at the most popular and most beautiful forms of Japanese flower patterns:
- Since ancient times, people have embellished cherry blossom flower designs on mats, carpets and different types of fabric. The combination of pink and white appears to be eternally beautiful and it symbolizes the rich culture of Japan.
- Black and white flocked flower patterns are more often used for designing the interiors of houses. Murals with similar patterns uplift the aesthetic beauty of houses. Such patterns are crafted on hand bags and for embedding corner designs on handkerchiefs.
- Little gold flower designs are used on garments and on Japanese hats. Floral detailing is created on different objects and they are etched with golden colors. The flowers are of miniature size and they shimmer in golden hues. Golden flowers are also enamored on jewelry.
- Chiyogami artwork is very popular in Japan that is more often found on upholstery. The patterns are intricate wherein random shapes are created, that contain a bunch of flowers of different hues.
- Designs of vines along with different patterns of leaves are very common in Japan. This is more often crafted on traditional bags, apparel and many other types of accessories.
- Garlands of flowers are knitted on different types of fabric and they are usually painted in bright tones. The flowers are often incorporated with birds and other elements of nature to create a unique look. Brilliant contrasts are made on fabrics that are highly appreciated by people. Moreover, the traditional approach makes such handicrafts highly sought after by everyone.
- Kimonos and robes are often enamored with flower patterns blended water bodies and images of different types of living species. The typical 5 petal flower and cherry blossom are commonly seen on such apparel. The background is created with a single tone on which the elements are painted in bright shades to make the designs more prominent.
- The patterns of Japanese spring flowers, also known as retro patterns, are excellent works of art. The designs are utterly simple, wherein cute and trendy flowers are embedded on a background of a single color. The tones chosen for the flowers are pink, blue, purple and yellow. Such designs render a complete retro look on feminine dresses.
- Keeping woolen fabrics as the background, broad flowers are knitted on them with thread or wool, and such designs are exquisitely beautiful. Despite the color range being vast, black and white patterns look classy and elegant as well. Other colors that suit such floral work are maroon, brick red, dark gray, brown and pure white.
- Tattoos are inked in numerous patterns that include hibiscus, lilies, lotus, sunflowers, cherry blossom, daisies, peonies and various other types of tropical flowers. Flower tattoos have been popular in Japan since a long time and today floral tattoo art has gained rapid momentum all over the world. The wide range of collection is more popular among females than in males.
With the presentation provided for Japanese flower designs, I'm sure you have derived a fair idea about them. If you are well accustomed with the art of painting and making handicrafts, you can easily try doing it at home for enamoring apparel, upholstery and home decorative pieces.